Veteran’s Benefits at Southeastern
The College at Southeastern accepts and processes the following benefits:
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill: Current/Former Active Duty
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 35 Survivors/Dependents Educational Assistance
- Chapter 1606 MGI Bill: Selected Reserve
Benefits Application Process
- Initial consultation with the Military Affairs Coordinator at Southeastern
- Fill out your Certificate of Eligibility. In order to gain veteran benefits at Southeastern, you will need to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility through the G.I. Bill.
- Submit Certificate of Eligibility to the Military affairs coordinator via [email protected]
- Complete our Veteran Class Certificate Process
To qualify for the military tuition rate, a student must be an active-duty, honorably-discharged or other than dishonorably-discharged veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces. Students receiving the SBC tuition rate are ineligible for the military tuition rate and vice versa. The Military tuition rate and SBC tuition rate are equivalent. To apply, please complete the Military Rate Request Form to [email protected]
Southeastern does not accept federal Tuition Assistance (TA). This will not affect GI Bill benefits, which are processed through the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA).
The College at Southeastern is thankful for our students and their families who are part of the military community. Whether military veterans or serving today in an active or reserve capacity, our military community contributes diverse life, ministry, and work experiences to Southeastern. To show our appreciation and to cultivate connection and fellowship, Southeastern holds Military Community events throughout the academic year.
Military Chaplaincy Opportunities
The Military Affairs office has developed strategic relationships and conducted valuable research by which they can assist graduates of the College at Southeastern, students, and prospective students to connect with Military Chaplaincy opportunities. You can contact our Military Affairs Coordinator for more information.