Brent J. Aucoin
The major in Social Studies is designed for students who intend to earn a license to teach History/Social Studies in public secondary schools. Graduates of this program are expected to enroll in and complete the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree from one of our partner schools. A student will not be eligible to earn a teaching license without completing the MAT degree.
*Note: Students seeking a teaching license or a Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) are encouraged to take a Developmental Psychology course and a Macroeconomics course as part of their elective hours. These courses can be completed at an accredited institution and transferred to the College at Southeastern.
- HIS 3510 – American History I Pre 1877
- HIS 3520 – American History II Post 1877
- POL 3500 – American Government
- HIS 3650 – American Constitutional Development
- ECO 2500 – Introduction to Economics
- SOC 2600 – Introduction to Sociology
- GEO 2500 – World Geography