High School Students

Traditional Dual Enrollment and Concurrent Enrollement

The College at Southeastern offers two ways for high school students to receive college credit during their junior and senior years. These options will allow incoming college freshmen to start their college experience with credit hours already applied towards their degree.

Traditional Dual Enrollment

The Dual Enrollment Program is offered to juniors and seniors in high school. These students can be in either a public school, private school or homeschool setting. The purpose of the Dual Enrollment Program is to offer high school and college credits for the enrolled student. Thus, the student upon completing college classes will receive both high school and college credits. Most courses are offered online. Certain courses are available for high school students to take on campus, giving them the opportunity to experience the culture of The College at Southeastern at its finest.

Some of the application requirements necessitate that the applicant be currently enrolled in a high school, have an outstanding high school record and show proof of completion of the 10th grade. In addition, he/she must be at least 16 years of age. 

If the student is in the public school system, he/she is asked to first meet with the school’s guidance counselor for more information about the Dual Enrollment Program. In addition, it would greatly benefit the high school or homeschooled student to contact the Admissions Office at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary as to which classes are available for dual credit.

All courses are fully accredited by SACSCOC and transferable. It is advised to first check with the desired college for course transferability. Any courses taken with The College at Southeastern can be applied to any undergraduate degree at the college with no penalty or upcharge in tuition fees.

To become a dually enrolled student you must fill out the dual enrollment application and take specifically designed Dual Enrollment courses.

If you choose to apply as an undergraduate credit only student, you are eligible to take any core course offering in a semester. These courses are billed at the current undergraduate tuition rate per hour plus a student enrollment fee. Using this application process will allow the student to follow normal institutional orientation and registration policies.

If you register for the specially designed Dual Enrollment courses, you will take a special selection of classes at a reduced rate of $265 per course. The rotation of classes for Fall and Spring semesters are listed below. By using this application, you will indicate which course you wish to take for dual enrollment and will be manually enrolled for the course(s). Click the links above or to the left to apply.

Fall Semester
English Composition 1
Western Civilization 1
American History 1
Old Testament Survey
British Literature

Spring Semester
Intro to Computers
English Composition 2
Western Civilization 2
American History 2
New Testament Survey
American Literature
Intro to Philosophy

The student can also take College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests to receive college credit. Credit will be awarded to students earning a minimum qualifying score equivalent to a grade of C in accordance with the “Credit-Granting Recommendations” on the College Board website for specific classes following CLEP examinations (see College at Southeastern’s online catalogue for details).

For more information concerning the Dual Enrollment Program at the College at Southeastern, please contact the Dual Enrollment Admin. Assistant or Admissions:

Holly Evans
Dual Enrollment Admin. Assistant 

Concurrent Enrollment

The Concurrent Enrollment Program at Southeastern provides high school students the opportunity to take classes for college-credit taught by college-approved high school teachers. Students gain exposure to the academic challenges of college while remaining in their supportive high school environment. Each successfully passed course earns the student transcripted college credit. Concurrent enrollment partnerships differ from other models of dual enrollment because high school instructors teach the college courses. Concurrent enrollment classes will be taken on the campus of partnering high schools with high school teachers.

Please note that the application process for Concurrent Enrollment is different than our regular application process.

  1. Contact your high school guidance counselor to access application
  2. Fill out the application. Make sure to sign your name and fill out the application with the correct course selections
  3. Payment and application will be submitted online directly to The College at Southeastern

    For more information concerning the application please contact Holly Evans, 

Alamance Christian School
Bradford Academy
Burlington Christian Academy
Christian Heritage Academy
Classical Conversations
Crossroads Christian School
Fayetteville Christian School
First Academy
Gaston Christian School
Grace Christian School
Hickory Grove Christian School
High Point Christian Academy
Neuse Christian Academy
North Raleigh Christian Academy
Pacific Coast Christian Prep
Riverbend Academy
Roanoke Valley Christian Schools
The King’s Academy

Main Contact:
Holly Evans 
(919) 761 – 2303

Beyond High School

The College at Southeastern offers a wide array of degrees and concentrations that equip students to be competitive in a variety of different vocations and to think well as they serve Christ with their lives.

Associate of Arts

The Associate of Arts degree is a College program designed to provide students with the Christian background and foundation that is needed for informed lay leadership in the local church. In addition, the degree is designed as a two-year college transfer program. Students should consult the institution to which they intend to transfer in order to determine admission and transfer requirements.

Associate of Arts classes include History of Ideas, Western Civilization, Old and New Testament Introductions and Christian Theology.


Bachelor of Arts

All Bachelor of Arts students at The College at Southeastern complete a minor in Christian Studies in addition to their major(s) and any additional minor(s). The Core Curriculum, is composed of two elements-General Studies (48hrs) and Christian Studies minor (24hrs).

Majors are available in Biblical Studies, English, Global Studies, History, History (Pre-Law track), Interdisciplinary Studies, Humanities, Justice and Social Ethics, Pastoral Ministry, Philosophy, Student Ministry, Theology, and Worship Ministry.

Minors are available in Apologetics, Biblical Studies, Business, English, English as a Second Language (ESL), Global Studies, History, Humanities, Justice and Social Ethics, Missions, Music, Organizational Leadership, Pastoral Ministry, Preaching, Psychology, Student Ministry, Theology and Writing, Rhetoric, and Communications.

To find out more about admission to the College at Southeastern click here.

Bachelor of Science

The Bachelor of Science degree is composed of a Core Curriculum (37 hours), a major (45 hours), and vocational electives or business minor (45 hours) for a total of 127 hours. Majors include Biblical Studies, Christian Ethics, Christian Worldview & Apologetics, Global Studies, Pastoral Ministry, and Student Ministry. 

All Bachelor of Science students at The College at Southeastern are required to either: (1) transfer into The College at Southeastern with a “tent-making” A.A./A.S. degree from a community college; (2) dual enroll at The College at Southeastern and a community college in order to receive theological and vocational training at the same time; students must provide documentation from the community college outlining the vocational degree or certification requirements they will be pursuing; (3) complete the The College at Southeastern Business Minor or Entrepreneurship Minor and satisfy the remaining hours with free electives; (4) transfer credits from an approved external partnership with The College at Southeastern.

To find out more about admission to the College at Southeastern click here.