The minor in student ministry is designed to train student ministers who envision student ministry as a partnership between church and family, with the goal of developing students as maturing disciples of Christ. In addition to the foundational course in student ministry, the minor will train potential ministers in evangelism, discipleship, counseling, and communication.
What kind of classes will I take?
Students must take the following courses to complete the minor in Student Ministry:
- MIN 3640 – Foundations of Student Ministry 3 semester hr(s).
- BCO 4620 – Biblical Counseling 3 semester hr(s).
- PHI 4600 – Christian Apologetics 3 semester hr(s).
- MIN 4900 – Mentored Internship I 3 semester hr(s).
- MIN 4901 – Mentored Internship II 3 semester hr(s).
- EVA 3510 – Personal Discipleship & Disciple-Making 3 semester hr(s).