The Global Studies minor introduces students to the variety and complexity of cultures around the world. Students are taught to understand other cultures, worldviews and religions, and to interact with them winsomely. Those minoring in Global Studies will receive introductory training toward communicating the gospel in various contexts and will be prepared for continued studies in seminary or graduate school.
What kind of classes will I take?
Core – 12 hours
- ICS 3500 – Eastern Religions and Contexts 3 semester hr(s).
- ICS 3600 – Judaism, Islam & Contexts 3 semester hr(s).
- MIS 4520 – Anthropology for Cross-cultural Understanding 3 semester hr(s).
- ICS 4901 – Intercultural Studies Practicum 3 semester hr(s).
Choose two of the following:
- PHI 2100 – Western Culture & World Religions 3 semester hr(s).
- MIS 3500 – History of Christian Missions 3 semester hr(s).
- MIS 3100 – Christian Missions: Principles & Practice 3 semester hr(s).
- MIS 4840 – North American Church Planting 3 semester hr(s).