The major in Elementary Education (MAT Track) is a non-licensure program of study that prepares students for further graduate work and work in an elementary school setting. It builds upon the classical education offered in our core curriculum through coursework in mathematics, history, literature, science, theology, and philosophy.
Below is a sample of the required courses. To see a complete list, view the academic catalog.
- SCI 1600 – Natural Science
- POL 3500 – American Government
- HIS 3510 – American History I Pre 1877
- GEO 2500 – World Geography
- ECO 2500 – Introduction to Economics